1.What is Auto Sum?
answer: Built in formula for total value in arrow column
2.Displays the previous actions made to a worksheet.
3.What is Print view?
answer: View or looks over the pages to make adjustment before printing
4.It is a standard Tool bar commands that open an existing worksheet.
5.Maximizes and minimizes the window display?
What is Excel - Excel is a computerized worksheet
What worksheet –is an on-screen spreadsheet that contains various cells in column and rows.
What is workbook - A file that contains one or more worksheet.
EXCEL SCREEN ELEMENT
• Menu Bar- Display the file, Edit, View, Insert, format, Tools, Data, Windows, Help.
• Standard Toolbar- Displays the frequently used task such as New, Open, Save, Email, Print, Print Preview, Spelling Check, Research, Copy, Paste, Cut, Undo, AutoSum, Chart Wizard.
• Formatting Toolbar- Display the Font Name, Font Size, Font Type, Paragraph, Alignment, Percent, Comma, Decimal Places, Indention, Borders, Colours.
• Formula Bar- Displays the Name Box and cell reference for the active cell.
• Cell - A cell is the rectangular area where a column and a row intersect. Each cell is identified by a cell reference which is its column and row location.
• Active Cell - A cell that is selected. The content of the active cell is displayed in the Name Box at the Formula Bar.
• Range - A group of selected cell.
• Workbook - A file that contains one or more worksheet, which you can use to, organized various kinds of related information.
• Sheet Tabs - each workbook has many worksheets with sheets tabs to name each worksheet.
• Drawing Tools - Displays the tools you will need to draw shapes, lines, arrows, insert WordArt, ClipArt, pictures, textbox.
• Task Bar - Shows the start button and the open program as well as the open files.
• Scroll Bar - These bars are used to easily go to the top or bottom, left or right of the worksheet.
• Resizing Buttons - Maximizes or minimizes the window display.
• Close Button - Closes the document or program.
DISPLAYING OR HIDING PICTURE TOOLBAR
On the Menu Bar, Click View, then click to display all the available toolbars. Select or Deselect to display or hide the toolbars you need do not need. The toolbars can also be dragged and placed on the four sides of the screen as your desire. It can also be customized to fully or partially display the buttons.
• New - Create a new file.
• 0pen - Opens an existing worksheet.
• Save - Saves current file made.
• E-mail - Allows you to send a file to reviewers online so that you do not have to rely upon a hard copy.
• Print - Prints your worksheet directly to the installed printer.
• Print Preview - Views or looks over the pages to make adjustments before printing.
• Spelling - Check the spelling of words in the whole worksheets and gives you a list of suggested spellings.
• Research - Reference information online and on your computer without leaving your office program. It can easily insert definition and other research information into your document, as well as customize settings to suit your research needs.
• Cut - Removes data from and to another location inside the worksheet or to other files.
• Copy - copies data that needs to be placed to the other location inside the worksheet or to other files.
• Paste - Placed the data cut or copied to a specified location inside the worksheet or to the other files.
• Undo - Displays the previous actions made after using the Undo command.
• Redo - Returns to actions made after using the Undo command.
• AutoSum - Built-in formula for total values in a row or column.
• Chart Wizard – Insert a chart needed for the worksheet.
CREATING A NEW WORKSHEET
A new worksheet is launched every time you open the Microsoft excel. You can immediately start typing your data inside the cell. You can always create a new worksheet with the following steps:
1. On the Menu Bar, click File, then New.
2. You can also click the New button on the Standard Toolbar.
ENTERING AND CHANGING DATA IN A CELL
You may enter your data by selecting cell. You can select a cell by clicking your mouse pointer on the cell. Type your data on the selected cell and move to the next cell to type another data. You can move to another cell by pressing the arrow keys on your keyboard or by just clicking the mouse to any cell.
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO CHANGE THE DATA:
1. Once you are in the cell you want to change, double click the cell and when the blinking cursor appears, press backspace or delete and type your new data and press the enter key.
2. Once you are in the cell you to change, click your mouse on the formula bar, press backspace or delete and type your new data and press the enter key.
RESIZING THE COLUMN OR ROW
If the text you typing does not fit the cell, you resize the column by pointing your mouse on the line between the column names and move it to the right or left.
DELETING DATA IN A CELL
There are three ways to delete the data:
1. Once you care in a cell, press space bar and press enter.
2. Once you are in a cell, double click the cell and when the blinking cursor appears, press back space or delete and press enter key.
3. Once you are in the cell, click your mouse on the formula bar, press backspace or delete and press the enter key.
USING THE UNDO BUTTON
The Undo function allows you to reverse the command action. While the Redo function allows you to restore a previous action.
MOVING AROUND THE WORKSHEET
You can move around the worksheet by pressing the arrow keys on the keyboard. You can also move around the document using the special keys on the keyboard
• Page up
• Page down
• Ctrl + Home
• Ctrl + End
RENAMING THE WORKSHEET SHEET TABS
1. Click the mouse pointer on the sheet tab sheet3.
2. Right click the mouse on the sheet tab.
3. On the pop-up menu, click Rename.
4. Type the new name in the sheet tab.
5. Click the pointer to any blank space in the worksheet to deselect.
COLORING THE WORKSHEET SHEET TABS
1. Right click the mouse on the sheet tab.
2. On the pop-up menu, click Tab color, when the Format Tab Color dialog box appears, select the color.
3. Click color.
SAVING THE WORKSHEET
Microsoft excel provides many ways to save a file. It is important to know how each functions individually.
• Save - This save function overwrites a previous saved file. This save command opens a Save As dialog box for the first time a worksheet is saved. You can enter a file name and location where the file will be saved.
• Save As - This save function opens the Save As dialog box which you can save an existing file either using the same name or different one, also you can choose to save the file in the different file location, name or file type.
• Save As Web Page – When you choose this save function, this opens a Save As dialog box,
Then activates the web pages as the Save As type, which would allow you to add a page title using the line of texts in the file.
CLOSING THE WORKSHEET
Closing a worksheet removes it from the screen. If the worksheet is not yet saved, MS Excel will ask if you want to save your modified worksheet, then MS Excel closes.
EXITING MS EXCEL
To exit MS Excel, on the Menu Bar, click File and click Exit or click the Close button on the upper right corner of the screen. The screen will return to the Windows desktop.
OPENING A PREVIOUSLY SAVED WORKSHEET
1. On the Menu Bar, click file and click Open.
2. Click the Look in drop-down arrow to display the list of available drives and locate the drive containing your file.
3. Choose the file name where your worksheet was saved, then click open.
Help is available in many ways in Microsoft excel. You can even get help through the internet or just right in your computer as you work.
Should you need Help, a Type Question for help bar is found at the right most and of the Menu Bar. You simply type in your question and you will find several possible and related topics to answer your question.
Question and answer
1. How to save file using keyboard?
• Press ctrl + s
2. In Excel how to show sub-menu?
• Right click on the sheet tab to show sub-menu.
3. How to open document using the keyboard?
• Press ctrl + o
4. How to modify font using keyboard?
• BOLD – press ctrl + B
• ITALIC – Press ctrl + I
• UNDERLINED – CTRL + U
5. How to open Microsoft Excel using keyboard?
• Press all window select Microsoft Excel.
1. What is word art?
=Word art means that will allow you to create pre-selected graphic text with shadows, curves,vertical and deminishing.
2. How to close document using keyboard?
3. How to show Sub-menu?
=Click the right click on the sheet tab.
4. How to show other buttons of the toolbar?
=Click the down arrow beside the icon and select from the drop down list of the other available commands.
5. How to open the document using the keyboard?
1.What is Toolbar.?
2.Parts of excel functions.?
3.What is =IF.?
4.What is =AVERAGE.?
5.What is Spredsheets.?
1.Toolbar a strip of icon on a computer.
3.Shows A series of Calculation using the same formula.
4.Calculate the arithmetic mean of a range of cells.
5.Spreadsheet acocounting program for a computer.
Question and Answer:
1. What is excel?
Answer:computerize the worksheet
2. What are the four (4) ways to start excel?
Answer: click start button
3. What is formatting toolbar?
Answer: it is the changing the appearance of data of the cell.
4. Give at least five (5) formatting toolbar commands.
Answer: font style
5. What is chart?
Answer: it is the selected picture form
1. Is the computerize worksheet.
2. Built-in formula for total values in a row or column.
3. Increases or decreases the size of the view.
4. Correct the spelling of the words use in the worksheet.
Ans. Spelling check
5. Places color to the front.
Ans. Color font